Saturday, March 1, 2008

ChoNanaNut Toasties


Nigella Lawson and I have lots of things in common. Nono, I don't look like her, I don't cook like her, and I certainly am no domestic goddess (so what the heck am I talking about, things in common?). Ehm...I was not proud of this until I saw Nigella doing it (or pretend to be doing it) on TV, but I often get hungry at midnights and sneaked to my fridge for something to eat. No, a cup of warm milk or an apple would not help.

Things get worse when I had company and stayed up well over midnight having
Top Chef or Project Runway marathon. I want something filling, satisfying, sinful, and ofcourse, easy to prepare, as my mates cannot be "paused" for too long. ChoNanaNut Toasties were the perfect candidate to fulfill my requirements.

All you need:
- White/grain bread
- Butter (I like salted butter for sweet vs salty mix)
- Peanut butter
- Chocolate sauce/nutella (I used Hershey's Chocolate Sauce)
- Condensed milk
- Bananas, sliced
- Ice Cream of your choice (I used Haagen Dasz Macadamia Nut Ice Cream)

Just slather everything (except ice cream) on a slice of bread generously and dump it into the oven until the bread turned crisp. You can cut them small for finger food. Scoop the ice cream on top.

The thing about toasts is, you can slap pretty much anything on top of it, and it will taste fun-bloody-tastic (I read this here>
Mr.Commitment, a novel by Mike Gayle). So experiment.

Deetha of Mlebu Pawon (Into the Kitchen) made cheese toasts, she called it
Roti Bakar ala kadarnya (Simple Toasts)

13 comments:

Jagungmanis said...

hihihi
nemu roti maning nang kene...

Unknown said...

hihihi iyo, cemilan praktissss

Anonymous said...

.comweehhh...nonton project runway juga ya non...seru nih udah mau abis :D

Unknown said...

nonton bangettttt! dah ga sabar nungguin finale nehhhhh kekeeke

Dwiana P said...

buat breakfast enak bener!

Anonymous said...

Hali halo,waaah,rotinya lezaat ya... apalagi ama pisang,hhmm nyami.Lain kali bikin roti goreng duren aaahh ... Thanks ya Non!

Eh ternyata kita sama2 penggemar sambal pecel niihh ...

Salam kenal juga ...

Anonymous said...

Halihalo... itu roti nyummi banget pake pisang,lain kali bikin roti goreng durian yak,panggil pak RT kalo digebukin temen gara2 durian ... hihihihii..Thanks.

Wah kita sama2 penggemar sambel pecel niihh...

Salam kenal juga ya ...

Layla111 said...

heyy i like your blog :D
i always love to have toast with nutella n bananas on top for breakfast.
never thought of adding the other stuff, esp ice cream!will have to try that!

Unknown said...

hi mba jude,
thanks for stoppin by hehe...i'll hire bodyguards before making durian toasts kekeke, brilliant idea! sipppp!

hi dwiana,
aku kangen banget roti pisang coklat ala indo, yg rotinya dikit, tapi pisang coklatnya hmmmmm...but it is hard, if not impossible to find the same banana here T_T

hi cookie monster,
thanks for stoppin by :) yessss try ice cream on your toasts, it's yummm

Elsye said...

Ritaaa..yuhuuu lagi banyak yang bikin makanan pake banana nih..hihihi, baru aja kemaren aku bikin juga crepes pake banana :D, btw keliatan enak banget itu makanannya...:D

Unknown said...

elsye, banana emang salah satu kegemaran sih, tapi sayang ga ada yg kayak pisang raja di indo hiks...wah aku belon bisa bikin crepes neh, nanti nyontek dari recipe kamu yah? hehehe

Anonymous said...

this is one of my all-time favorite snacks. when i was little, i learned that elvis's favorite sandwich was fried peanut butter & bananas (some versions include bacon). the pb & bananas combination fascinated me (but i didn't care much for elvis) and ever since then i've experimented with my own versions of it as well - including using in variations fluff, ice cream, cream cheese (in place of pb), and like you, nutella. omg. soooooo good.

Unknown said...

hi a, cudn't agree more, as heard from david rocco's dolce vita, i wanna meet nutella's inventor and hug him/her :)