Monday, March 31, 2008

Corned Beef Fried Rice


I took the liberty to approve myself eating more solid food *grin*. I think I could eat fried rice as long as it's rather mushy, eh? I fancied corned beef fried rice, but I couldn't handle the heavy big wok yet, so my sous chef handled the whole thing :)

Ingredients
- 2 cups of rice, let it rest overnight in the fridge
- onion, finely chopped
- frozen green peas, defrosted in a cup of hot water
- 1 can of corned beef
- salt, pepper, sugar, soy sauce
- olive oil, a bit of butter

Saute corned beef in olive oil with a bit of butter, stirring it to smaller bits (on normal days I like making the pieces rather crispy, but for my condition, it was simply to heat it up and infuse the oil with beefy flavour), set aside. Saute onion until transparent, add green peas, add corned beef, add rice, stir well (in my case, until a bit mushy), and serve.


Let's hope my doc won't black face me when he found out about this ;)

8 comments:

Elsye said...

mauuuu...nasgor emang toppp...ini mah makanan ku kalo kepepet, qiqiiqiqiq

Dwiana P said...

Rita, itu tray sama chopstick nya lucu amat!!!! kalap gw kalau liat barang cute nih LOL

Kajal@aapplemint said...

haha this is a first ... corned beef rice :) i'm sure it was nice !

Jessy and her dog Winnie said...

I love fried rice! Wow. This post just made me hungry.

Unknown said...

hihihi elsye...tapi sebenernya aku kangen sama nasi goreng merah atau nasi goreng tek tek...kapan2 bikin akhhhh

hi dwiana...hehehe iya aku juga suka kalap, tapi jarang beli karena di hk flatnya kecillll ga ada tempat :( beli di daisho kok, ada daisho di tempat kamu?

haha kate, i think corned beef tastes fab with anything *grin

hi jess...yeah...this is wat happens when we are food blog browsing hehe

ChichaJo said...

This is actually a kind of comfort food for me and my friends! Nice to know you enjoy it too :) When we make it we sometimes crack an egg into the mix while cooking and add worcestershire sauce :)

SIG said...

Oh hehe I made corned beef fried rice too. :) I love that.

Anonymous said...

Cool fun. Like me. Thanks.
I like to cook very at home. Greetings from Poland.