Sunday, March 23, 2008

Creamy Oreo Mocktail Shots

One of the most unbearable things from my hospital experience:

That's right! Pretty much 24 hours of no eating and drinking (9 hours before surgery, and 15 more hours after surgery). Adding to the torture, I kept watching reruns of Top Chef season 1 and 3 haha, I was gnawing on my hospital pillow by the time I watched the 2nd episode, my stomach was gurgling the theme song LOL. Actually seeing all the good food in the series was a huge motivation for me to get better.

Once the no eating and drinking period was over (dieting is not for me, let alone fasting...so it was hard), I had to be on a "soft diet". Soft diet shouldn't stop me from having fun, eh? So...while all I wanted to eat was these crunchy oreos...

Let's make em fit into my soft diet :), shall we?

Pour 6 pcs oreos into 1 big mug of warm milk, mix well, I like leaving some chunky oreo bits to bite into

Seems like this soft diet is starting to look up :)

7 comments:

Elsye said...

Iya aku juga demen banget ama oreo..qiqiqi, kalo makan ini bisa ga berenti deh :D

tigerfish said...

Nothing? you can't even take congee?
You got to eat some nutritious food, ya know? :P

ICook4Fun said...

Rita, hope you are feeling well now. Sorry I didn't know that you are not well. Take care.

Anonymous said...

Happy to know your surgery went well and you cope your recovery very well. That oreo and milk look very delicious! Can't wait to hear from you again. --warm hugz...ly

Dwiana P said...

crunchy oreo jgn ampe dilihat anak gw nih say, bisa2 berebutan deh hehehe
Nice to hear your feeling better.

Lady Batya said...

Wahh aku baru tau nih kalo kamu habis operasi. Semoga sekarang udah sembuh yaaaa.

Oreo dicelup kopi susu panas hmmmmm pengen lagi n lagi n lagi.

SIG said...

Oh wow, that must be some op. I have a friend who has the same problem with you, and still on medi after years but at least it's controlled. She eats plenty and doesn't put on too. Hope you get well very soon so you can bring us more goodies ya?