Monday, March 3, 2008

Snacks in Black

I have been saying that gold is the new black for me. But, when I went to Muji and Jusco $10 Plaza last Friday, I went back to basic and was totally attracted to black, black and black. Call me fickle minded, but look at these blackies and tell me how to resist them

Black sesame sticks, savoury, light, crispy, 100 calorie snack, yay!

Black sesame charcoal pie, nutty, sweet and crispy

The Snacks in Black collection - Spring 2008 - these should make me look slimmer kekeke

I was told to "watermark" my pictures. I kept saying my pictures were not appealing enough for e-pic-pockets, but the truth was, I don't know how to (another lame excuse?!! Please, girl, learn!). OKOK. So, now I have just installed photoshop, and just learnt how to spit texts all over my pictures. At one point, I went through a photoshop-texting-frenzy and here's the text-laden pic:


More than protection, I find it super FUN. I will keep practicing, so, please pardon my texts. It won't be long until I am able to photoshop some yucky-inedible dishes to yummy perfections and con you guys to cook and eat them (jokingggggggggggggggg). MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

wish i had a chance to try those sesame snacks when i was there... it will b perfect for project runway marathon... loveeeeeee black sesame... try black sesame ice cream, super slurpy... anyway, please bring some black sesame snacks next time u r home ;-)

Unknown said...

maybe i'll bring "men in black" instead wahahahahaa

Jagungmanis said...

Rit,enak po kui ireng2? aku dadi pengen nyobo..hehe
yen ketan ireng kr jongkong ireng doyan ra koe? haha
eh,piring batikku kui mbuh teko ndi.ujug2 enek ng rak piringku. ktoke entuk sko hadiah.hehe

Unknown said...

ireng2 black sesame karo coffee..lhooo ketan ireng aku tentunya doyan pisan, ayoo bagi2 resep ketan ireng tho...

aku ki tergila2 mbek batik...T_T iki sampe ono fotone wahahaha
http://livinglavidarita.blogspot.com/2008/02/growing-nationalism.html

"Joe" who is constantly craving said...

wah words everywhere..haha i only just learnt.but i dun hav the money to buy photoshop..unless i of course get it from u knw where..

Unknown said...

hahaha my "mentor" told me that "words everywhere" is a classic symptom of photoshop/illustrator newbie hahaha, tis describes me perfectly
HAHAHA

Argus Lou said...

Hi, Rita! I love your theme of 'black is the new black' for food.
Do you like liquorice? I love it in chewy sweets.
Can you teach me how to watermark pictures?

tigerfish said...

Yes yes...I featured those black non-snack goodies too! Black is IN every season, remember? :p

Unknown said...

yummm licorice chewy sweets...tat's lovely

i dont generally watermark my pics, i just caught a classic photoshop newbie syndrome (typing texts all over my pictures) but you have to! your pictures are gorrrrgeusssss, learn more about it here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_watermarking

Unknown said...

hi tigerfish, black is always in fashion hehe...pls share ur black goodies with me? :)

Thistlemoon said...

Those look amazing! I love black sesame and those look so delicious!

Welcome to The Foodie Blogroll!

daphne said...

Oh man! All those black sesame snacks! Yum!!

Unknown said...

hi jenn,
yay! finally! i'm rollin'!

hi daph,
guess wat...i saw black sesame bread-spread last nite at sogo's supermarket...sooo irresistible, maybe i'll buy it next time :)

Anonymous said...

But Vegemite is black! haha
(No need to fear the Vegamite buahahahaha!)
Actually, it scares me a little bit too :)

Anonymous said...

hello, thanks for popping by my blog. Your site reminds me of Tigerfish's and wanted to link you to her only to find out that you folks have already been linked online... ;)

And eh..yeah..we all love to eat don't we? I am not much of the cook..but..I eat..love to eat.. :P

Unknown said...

hi maryan, hehe vegemite is...arrrgghhh...run and hideeee

hi jason, i love eating, tat's also why i (try to) cook hohoho

Elsye said...

Riittt..itu snack yang diatas rasanya gimana say..:D, item2 gitu..manis kah ?

Unknown said...

hi els, yg sticks asin2 gurih, yg pie manis krinyus2 hehehe