Friday, September 4, 2009

Insanely Easy - Two Tone Chocolate Popsicles


In summer, I often have "emergencies".
The emergencies, so far (luckily), did not require any CPR action by ___________(Insert name of your current crush here. No, mine isn't Rob Pattinson), but they often require something cold and sweet.


Something fruity or chocolatey.

Couldn't I simply take an elevator downstairs to get some "chocolatey/fruity emergency fixes" from 7-11?
No. Because that would require me to put on my pants/shorts.
In summer, I don't do pants *grin*
Plus, I don't wanna scare my doorman, who was probably daydreaming about _____________(He can insert his current crush here. I bet it's not Megan Fox).

There's an Indonesian saying "sedia payung sebelum hujan" = prepare your umbrella before it rains.
So I am preparing my "umbrella", in case of "emergencies".

It's insanely easy.
Thus, calling it a recipe would be...well, insane.
I simply poured a bit of store bought chocolate syrup into my popsicle mould and top it off with chocolate milk from a box, and pop it into the freezer.

That's that. Insane!

They're not perfect (not sweet enough and the chocolate tip melts way to quickly), just good enough for last night's "emergency".

To make a better version, next time I'll add more sugar into the chocolate milk and use melted chocolate instead of syrup.

But since that will require me to work behind a stove, melting chocolate, boiling milk, stirring, washing.....
Forget it! I'll just put on some pants and go to 7-11 instead.

7 comments:

Susan said...

enak betul :)

tracieMoo said...

I remember mum use to put in left over red bean soup when I was young. I purposely did not want to finish it so she could freeze them.. The Chocolate pops look great =D

Little Corner of Mine said...

Hahaha... but sure look yummy!

tigerfish said...

I have been wanting to get those popsicle molds for a long long, long long time :(

Noob Cook said...

This is insanely pretty. So cool and refreshing for the hot weather too ;)

Cakelaw said...

LOL - brilliant!

dinky said...

catet buat bikin pas summer nanti, btw popsicle molds nya lucu bgt,mdh2an d IKEA sini ad