Thursday, July 14, 2011

Nasi Campur Food Stalls - Kuala Lumpur Hawker Center Yumminess

More drool-worthy yumminess from my Kuala Lumpur trip.
This time, they're from a random food centre near the stadium we held our event in (Stadium Putra, Bukit Jalil).
Malaysian Food
I was surprised to find out that most of the nasi campur (mixed rice) stalls are run by....Indonesians! Aw!

I was tempted to pile everything onto my plate...but finally wisely selected stuff to form quite a well balanced meal. Veggies and eggs on rice, drenched in tasty spicy coconut-milky gravy. Yum!
Malaysian Food

Another day means another adventure...
Malaysian Food
Delicious Indonesian style fried chicken, including the tasty crispy bits.

Malaysian Food
You can imagine how refreshing this side dish is...perfect for the hot weather.

Malaysian Food
Quite a selection of veggies to choose from...

Malaysian Food
Fritters, side dishes and slices of oranges.

My yummy plate!
Malaysian Food

Malaysian Food
Roast chicken with chicken rice...too bad I didn't get to try it. Next time...

And the most impressive thing I've tried from this food center...
Malaysian Food
...these fritters!
They're like nothing I've tried before!

Malaysian Food
Super crispy exterior, sweet and soft ripe banana flesh interior..they're heavenly!
The perfect way to end a satisfying meal.

Malaysian Food
That, and a tall glass of iced coffee.
Can't wait to eat my way through KL again.

Click here for more KL food experiences.

9 comments:

mochaccinoland said...

the goreng pisang look so different from the one i used to have in SG! these ones look almost tempura-like!

mochaccinoland said...

ohhh!! in fact i was so attracted to the fish in the 1st pic as it reminded me of the poor-man nasi lemak… the tiny deep-fried kuning fish, paper-thin slice of omelette, sambal ikan bilis and lotsa sambal belachan!

Joanne said...

And so...I'll add this to my list of places I need to eat my way through.

tigerfish said...

Why must you show them???? Make me so hungry. :O

Nux V said...

this is so near my place!

charlotte said...

Hi, just noticed the goreng pisang! Yum! I was eating at Fofo a few days ago and they have this beef cheek that is served on top of what tastes like goreng pisang. Really yummy!

Arudhi said...

This is TORTURE!! Seandainya punya pintu kemana saja-nya Doraemon :p

Mikko Tyllinen said...

Wow! Magical collage! very beautiful!

Little Corner of Mine said...

Oh man Rita, you are killing me with all these M'sia food pictures.