Monday, November 14, 2011

Just A Simple, Healthy, Thrifty and Tasty Menu

I love one pot/one dish meals (I am lazy like that), and I have to learn from SC's mom to make the most out of a minimum budget. She whips up multiple dishes menu daily, three meals a day minimum!
This is an example of a her simple lunch menu.
Meat, fish, vegetable, rice.
Very well balanced, easy to make, and inexpensive.
She is my guru!
stir fried chicken with garlic and ginger
Stir fried chicken with ginger, garlic and scallion.

Pan fried grass carp
Pan fried grass carp, simply seasoned with salt and pepper. You can also steam this if you don't want your flat to be perfumed by fish oil :D

stir fried choy sum
And choy sum stir fried with garlic and chinese wine.
Served with fluffy jasmine rice.
I have a longgg way to learn to be able to create thrifty, healthy and tasty meals like her.
Give me a shout if you need any of the recipe.

Hope your Monday's yummy.
Mine gives me headaches T_T

9 comments:

Noob Cook said...

wah, kudos to your MIL for whipping up so many delectable dishes a day. You're so lucky. I'm interested in the stir-fried chicken recipe if you don't mind posting it :)

Joanne said...

I think you did a pretty rockstar job with this meal!

Little Corner of Mine said...

Looks great, I like this kind of simple and healthy home cook dishes. :)

Elena said...

A great meal for me and my mom. I am so grateful I found your blog.

tigerfish said...

I totally enjoy this kind of meal (side dishes with rice) but even how simple, it takes more time than a one-pot/one-dish. You are lucky to have your MIL prepare such a meal :)

Anonymous said...

I absolutely need the chicken and fish recipe! It look really comforting! :)

tiffy said...

looks delicious! I would love to know the recipes! :)

Unknown said...

@noobcook
The recipe (very easy)
Marinate chicken with soy sauce, white pepper, sugar, a bit of oil and quite a bit of corn starch. In a hot oil, saute garlic until fragrant, add chicken, add scallion, adjust seasoning if necessary, add water if you want a bit of a sauce. thicken with corn starch n water mix if needed.
that's all~~~

Lulu said...

Thank you, i am a new reader and love your MIL's recipes! There are easy and yummy and reminds me of home (although my mon doesnt cook, in my dream childhood, she cooks like this)